Wednesday, March 3, 2010

To Love Makeup


No one ever taught me how to apply make-up.

I walked into high school with an obvious foundation line between my jawline and neck, horribly crooked eyeliner, and a full head of slept on hair. Yikes. Through the years I somehow managed to improve my skills in applying makeup. I found bare minerals, but my makeup regime remained fairly simple.

After having a baby, making myself up had been put on the back-burner. I was looking through all the pictures of Lily and me and realized how washed out I looked. So very pale. I would apply a mineral foundation, but didn't bother putting any color on my cheeks. I've always been scared of color. This past weekend I decided to change all that. I went to Ulta and picked up a starter pack of pur-minerals.

I had no idea what to do with this stuff after I brought it home with me. So I turned to some trusty you-tube tutorial videos. I didn't have all the supplies that the girl in the video used, but I had enough. It definitely inspired me and as I finished applying my makeup I was pleasantly surprised. Now I see why so many people are addicted to makeup. By the way...makeup is a weird word.

No comments:

Post a Comment