Friday, March 19, 2010

Kirby


I just realized I have never introduced my other babby. Yes, I said babby. He is mentioned in my about me, but I haven't formerly introduced him. His name is Kirby, but he answers to many other names, including but not limited to Kirbles, Nirbles, or Tirbles.


He has been with us almost two years. We got him from a woman that rescued him from a shelter. She took in animals that didn't have a home. Many of the animals, including Kirby, were not in very good health. The day we went to meet him he was so tired and had extremely matted fur. I was so scared to bring him home because he seemed so frail. He slept on me the whole way home and continued to sleep once we got home. Honestly, we didn't know if he would make it through the night.

The next day we took him to the vet. They couldn't believe the mess this dog was in. He was covered in fleas and could hardly see a thing. They estimated his age to be about 10-12. He was put on a ton of medicine and some antibiotics. By that night he was a totally different dog. Lively and excited. He became quite the handful the next couple of days. We didn't know if we could do it anymore, but we made it through his transition period and he has become the best dog in the world to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment