Monday, March 8, 2010

To be Home-Made

I've always wanted to make Lily home-made baby food. I just never knew where to start. Plus, I had always envisioned it as this time-consuming process that would be a huge mess in the end, but after realizing how much money we're spending on jars of store bought baby food I thought we might as well give it a try.


We went down to the farmer's market in Raleigh yesterday. We got some apples and some sweet potatoes. Lily loves her sweet potatoes. I baked them for an hour at 400 degrees. Peeled the skin off, pureed the chunks in the food processor, and poured them into the ice cube trays. The clean-up was pretty easy. Most of the time I am tempted to just leave all messes for later.


This morning Josh and I were so excited to see Lily's expression when she tasted the delicious home-made yumminess. They were so colorful, so they were probably going to be the best thing she had ever eaten in her whole entire life. Much to my dismay she was not pleased, well not as pleased as she usually is when she eats her Earth's Best. She still ate them because, well, she loves to eat.

I think I'll try some peas next...I'm sure she'll go crazy over those!

No comments:

Post a Comment