Monday, February 15, 2010

Welcome


Welcome to my blog! I'm Stephanie. I'm a stay at home mom to a cutie-pie daughter, Lily, and a shaggy-dog, Kirby. My husband, Josh, and I have been married for a little over three years. We are pretty much home-bodies learning how to break out of our shells.

Recently I have taken up journaling my daily thoughts to keep track of important milestones, events, and just random day to day things. It has been a nice release to take some time to myself every day and remember who I am as a person. It has also served as a nice reminder of the things my family and I have been doing these past couple of "crazy" months.

To be honest, most of the time I don't really feel like a mom. Every morning I look in at my daughter sleeping so snug in her crib and I think to myself "you can't be real, you are a real person? you are MY baby? No Way!" I just can't believe that I could be so lucky. Then she awakens...and I realize whoa...I am a mom and it's time to get to work.


People tell you how much work a baby is, but you truly can't believe it deep down (at least I didn't). It's like you know it, but you don't REALLY know the work required to care for a new human being, much less a house, a husband, and a fur-baby. I'm learning though. Learning how to cook, clean, organize and make time for my family and myself. Each day learning the realities of what it means to be a mom and a wife and my own person. It's definitely a work in progress and that's why I thought I would share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment