Tuesday, February 23, 2010

To be at Disney

Lily and I went to our third MOPS (mother's of pre-schoolers) meeting today. I dropped her off in the nursery before grabbing some coffee and breakfast at food bar. I walked around aimlessly looking for my table. Having only been twice before I still don't know too many people, even the ladies that are in my group. We usually chat for a few minutes, have a prayer/devotional, and then an activity or a speaker.


Today we had the opportunity to listen to two brothers speak on their obsession with Disney World. It was quite interesting to hear about how these two men became so enthralled with Disney culture. So obsessed that they made a website and a hobby
out of planning trips and going down to Florida multiple times a year. I have only been to Disney twice when I was younger. It was fun, but nothing too special for me. My parents seemed stressed, it was way hot and humid, and I got sick from
one of the buffets. Listening to the speakers today intrigued me. Could it really be all that fun?!

They talked about the importance of planning the trip. Making reservations at restaurants in advance. Calculating the amount of time you want to spend in each park. Knowing how you want to get from hotel/campground to park and vice versa. It did sound pretty overwhelming, but I could see where they were coming from. I was getting excited thinking about brunch with princesses, watching fireworks, and just generally having a vacation/adventure.

But I realize that Lily is only seven months old and that I shouldn't just wish time away. At first I couldn't wait for her to be able to hold her head up on her own. I tried to convince her for weeks to roll over. I can't wait for her to walk (...note to self--need to baby proof...). Now I can't wait until she is old enough to go to Disney and have an awesome time. For now I'll try to be patient and cherish each day because I know how fast time goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment